Why should you work at Guarantee RV?
Guarantee RV is a progressive, and forward-thinking dealership focused on being a positive force for growth in the RV industry. You'll love our culture and atmosphere, and as a company we offer competitive wages, benefits, and training.
What positions are available?
-RV Service Technician
-Business Development Associate
How to apply...
Please send all resumes to Susan Gitzel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Recreation vehicle certified technicians examine, troubleshoot and diagnose units needing repair and maintenance. They install, repair and maintain interior and exterior components on motor homes, travel trailers, fifth wheel trailers, truck campers, tent trailers and van conversions.
• Duties may include: installation of accessories; performing pre-delivery inspections; reading and writing repair orders; troubleshooting, repair and maintenance on propane gas and electric appliances such as furnaces, refrigerators, water heaters, ranges and air conditioners; repairs to fiberglass, body and structural components; and the ability to install, repair, replace and maintain roofs, siding, windows, doors, vents, awnings, floor coverings, cabinets, counters, plumbing systems, electrical systems, propane gas systems, batteries and charging systems.
• While they do not repair engines or drive train components of motorized vehicles, they may install trailer and fifth wheel hitches, wire tow vehicles and perform maintenance and repairs on trailer frames, undercarriage and suspension.
• Use testing equipment, troubleshooting techniques, manufacturers' specifications, and Internet websites to assist in locating faults and performing repairs
• Use manuals, catalogues and Internet websites to order repair parts and components
• Use computerized and electronic devices for testing components
• Communicate with supervisors, manufacturers and consumers to ensure timely, efficient and economical repairs.
• Several programs exist for RV service training such as factory training, service schools and certification programs through attendance of a trade college or through distance learning.
• Good manual dexterity and balance while working off the ground
• The ability to periodically lift in excess of 25 kilograms
• Mechanical, electrical and electronics aptitude; troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
• Good communication, organizational and learning skills
• The desire to upgrade and learn new skills as technology advances
• The ability to work independently and as a team member
• Pride in workmanship and the desire to attain a superior level of expertise
• Desire to be challenged with a variety of tasks that are rarely repetitious in nature
• Assist in retail customer purchases
• Basic knowledge of the RVs and some knowledge of installation techniques
• Ensure customer satisfaction through efficient and timely processing of parts orders within the guidelines of company policies and procedures and by checking parts availability
• Verify prices and enter orders into computer
• Analyze customer requests for parts; provide parts information and prices from service manuals, reference materials and computer
• Responsible for following up on back orders by checking with other parts personnel and sources to determine status of orders and provide answers to customers
• Establish a good relationship with distributors, dealers, service centres and consumers in order to notify them of parts availability and shipment dates determined by tracking orders and/or invoices through the computer system. Education
• Good knowledge of product and mechanical/electrical parts
• The employer will provide all training
Good telephone manner and customer service abilities are required. The ability to read
service manuals/schematics is an asset, as are basic computer skills. Other traits
• Good listener
• Good sales skills
• Problem solver
• Comfortable with details
• Pleasant personality
• Good telephone manner
Guarantee RV is looking for someone to join our internet sales team. Applicant must be available to work evenings and weekends. Seasonal Feb-Sept