Cinnamon Rolls Done Right!
Roll over marshmallows, and stand aside S’mores, there’s a new camping staple in town. Introducing ‘The Campfire Cinnamon Roll’; a spectacular treat sure to please the whole family and make the Joneses extremely envious. Aimed at being not only very tasty these 2 recipes are also incredibly easy, and are definitely something fun to do with (and without) kids.
The Classic Toasted Rolls
This first recipe is about as straight forward as the Eyre Highway in Australia. All you need is…
- A can of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls,
- A few campfire prongs/campfire forks,
- And some hot campfire embers.
The Play by Play:
- Open up your can of cinnamon rolls and divide them up.
- Cautiously secure a cinnamon roll to your cooking utensil,
(Keep in mind that you want it to be as centered as possible to avoid feeding the fire).
- Place the mounted cinnamon roll over the hot embers of the fire.
- Make sure to rotate and heat all sides as evenly as possible for about 8 – 12 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.
- Let cool slightly before enjoying thoroughly.
Alright still hungry? The second of these two recipes is a little more prep but could potentially be a great activity to teach the kids a bit about cooking. You will need…
- 1 package of crescent rolls,
- Granulated sugar,
- Wooden skewers
- Powdered sugar
The Play by Play:
- Start by adding ¼ cup of granulated sugar with 1 tbsp of cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Separate your crescent rolls and start wrapping them around wooden skewers.
- Roll the now crescent covered skewer in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Cook over the campfire for 5 minutes, rotating often.
- Mix ¼ cup powdered sugar with 2-3 tbsp of water and lightly coat the cooked rolls.
There you have it. These recipes are just two more great reasons to get out and huddle around a camp fire with your loved ones. I hope you all get out and enjoy this season, and as always, from all of us here at Guarantee RV, Happy Camping!