We can all agree that the Calgary Stampede is HUGE! For the 10 days of Stampede, over a million people visit Stampede Park. The daily average turns the park into Alberta’s third largest city, and In all that hustle and bustle it is easy to be overwhelmed.
To make the most of your Stampede here are 5 must do activities you might have overlooked.
1) The Market – Free to enter with admission to Stampede Park it is a lot more than just a couple of vendors. You will find a play area that welcomes both the young and the young at heart. There are free hands on crafts for the kids and ticketed evening workshops for adults. You can slip away into the ‘Relaxation Zone’ and receive a free 15 minute massage. And of course there are also hundreds of items and works of art by talented local artisans so you can get a one of a kind item to commemorate the one of a kind event!
2) Stranger Things comes to the Hawkins Fun Fair – The iconic Netflix show is stirring up the Fun Fair with signature rides and experiences! Being a fan of the show or child of the 80’s is not needed to enjoy this spectacle!
3) Chuckwagon Breakfast – Get it while its hot! From Monday the 8th to the 13th from 8:15am – 10:30am at Fluor Rope Square you can get your fill of the 1050+ gallons of pancake batter and 3500 pounds of bacon. Best of all it is Free!
4) Fluor Square Dancers– A belly full of stampede breakfast is enough to make anyone want to get up and dance. The good news is that you can make your way down to Stephen ave and take part is the daily dance!
Editors note* – If you missed the Stampede breakfast and need to let off some steam, you can get in on the Lammle’s world champion hat stomp competition! They’ll even supply the hat!
5) Elbow River Camp – Visitors are invited to experience local customs, traditions, and culture of the First Nations people from the Treaty 7 nations. You will find 26 tipis with unique outside designs, filled with buckskin outfits and artifacts. You can also enjoy traditional dancing, story telling, as well as local artisans selling their wares.
All this and so much more await you at the 2019 Calgary Stampede.
From all of us at Guarantee RV, we wish you a Happy and Safe Stampede!